Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hello My Name Is:

So. This is me. Jac.

I am 110% completely new to blogging! I thought first things first, to get started off on the right foot I should properly introduce myself. Maybe that first line was a rough go at it. Let's try that again..

Hi! My name is Jac. I'm 26 years old. Oh, and I'm a girl! I'm married and we've got a beautiful THE MOST GORGEOUS (or should I say handsome?) baby boy!!

If the "F" word offends you, this might not be the blog for you. I try not to say it as much as I did in college, buuuuut it comes out from time to time along with a few others. Sorry, just thought I should be clear from the get go!

So here's a question I'm sure many of you are wondering since my blog name is 'Double X Factor':

What in the hell does that even mean?

For those of you who don't know me in real life, my maiden name was (is?? whatever!) Shaddoxx. Yes, kickass name for sure. My husband always tells me when I'm acting sassy, "there's that double X in you coming out" so needless to say, there is a little something to be said for that 'Double X Factor'. (btw - that's my twitter handle if you would like to find me there as well! It's private so please send a message with your request)

The other thing is my blog domain: jac-of-all-trades.
I'm a full-time working mom. I work in the transportation world as an Account Executive for a huge corporation. When I say huge, we're talking billions. So there's that, obviously being a round-the-clock mom, and I also run an Etsy shop (www.Etsy.com/shop/JaxxG) as well as do photography (www.facebook.com/jaxxphotography) - go check me out! So that's where the name came to be - I'm a DIY-er that likes to dip my toes in a little bit of everything.

This is a picture of us from back in October. Or September? Heck I can't remember exactly when, but it's a little dated:

Just kidding, I couldn't find the picture I wanted to show of us as a family. How about some solo ones... And yes, these are all somewhat outdated, but really the only one who doesn't quite look the same is Bash.

Jac:


Steven:


Bash:



So, those are my boys. I'm sure there will be plenty more posts about them. My husband and I both work in a sales corporate environment. We recently moved all the way from Arkansas to NYC for my job. It was a promotion I couldn't pass up! Not to mention we were in a total funk. As much as I LOVE Arkansas, we were bored out of our minds. So here we are, figuring it out as we go. Our move is what really inspired me to start blogging. There have been so many crazy times in my life and I wish I would have written about it all. But hey, a new baby and moving 1200 miles for a new job to a place that is NOTHING like where you are from seemed to be somewhat worth noting, yeah?

So to get to know me a little better other than I have a job and 2 boys (which they are my world so I will give you a small break from them - for now), here are 5 random facts about me:

1. A bucket list item of mine would be to visit Antarctica. For like 5 seconds. Then I'd probably be like let's get the hell out of here!
2. I have 5 siblings.
3. My favorite color is white.
4. I don't eat fruit or veggies. I have no idea how I plan to make my son when I don't!
5. As of today, I'd like to become an event planner.

I think with each of those 5 things, they definitely will shine through to be true once you learn more about me as the time goes on.

I'll wrap this up for now, and see if I can't figure out how the hell to make this thing look pretty. Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment