Sunday, February 17, 2013

Have I Found My Calling?

So, as you know from my last post I'm a young mom. My husband and I made a major move in our life because we are in a funk; however, it seems as though we may have just relocated that funk with us. We moved to the most bangin' city in the US and are still spending our Friday & Saturday nights in our pajamas and watching movies. Usually I have my brilliant ideas when I'm in the shower, BUT! last night this one came to me while I was brushing my teeth...
My husband and I had had a long discussion Saturday, about basically nothing other than work. With this new job I've taken, it's a LOT more time consuming and a LOT more stressful. I've been in sales practically all my working career, but particularly with this company the last two years. I've received two promotions in the three years I've been with them all together. Why I've always stayed in sales I'm not sure, because I've always felt like something was missing. While I have a very competitive nature, and succeeding definitely satisfies that side of me (which is more than likely exactly how I landed the two promotions), there still just was something about having metrics and numbers crammed down my throat and up my ass that I'm not totally crazy about. That being said, I can never pin point just what it is I want to do with my life. Do I want to be a stay at home mom? Do I want to be the CEO of a huge corporation?

WHAT DO I WANT?!

And that's when it hit me. After our lengthy conversation about 'What do I want out of life? What do you want out of life?' Holy. Freaking. Crap. I think I (MIGHT) have figured out what the missing part is & what it is I want to do with my life! I LOVE party planning. I am OCD-totally-anal-about-every-single-little-detail bonkers over party planning. As I was brushing my teeth (while my husband was snoozing in bed at 9:45) I realized it. I can totally live vicariously through other people by event planning!! Have I found my calling?!

That I'm not quite sure of yet, but I definitely felt like a light went off.  How could it have taken me this long to realize this?! I've always been a crafty, DIY-er. I planned every detail of my wedding as well as about 95% of my baby shower. Hello! How could I have not realized this before? I even went to the extend of Googling 'What do I want out of life?' ... Yes, it came down to that. Which sidebar - I totally found an interesting article by a woman who sat back and did basically the same thing. She however was single with no children and could afford to sit back and think about it while as I, on the other hand, cannot.

I am so excited about this, although I'm not really sure how I'm going to go about it. I've had some 'brilliant' ideas before, but then by the time I was ready to change panties I was also ready to move on to the next even more BRILLIANT idea! I'm not sure how to approach this - full time? part time? just another one of those awesome ideas that will remain just that?..

I can't really answer any of those questions, but thankfully I'm aware that good ideas come and go, and not everything will materialize how we want or plan. Now I've just got to chew it over and decide - is this something I actually want to pursue?


Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment