Sunday, February 24, 2013

Daycare Demons

So, last week I think I had my last straw with my son's daycare. Being a new mom I'm obviously pretty protective, and where we came from he was 1 of 2 babies in a private, in-home daycare so needless to say he got a LOT of attention and I was spoiled from it.

First, he came home with pink eye. DAMMMIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT. Of course they harped on us to get him treated and keep him home. Ok, ok. No problem. So after paying for a $130 bottle of eye drops that couldn't hardly fill a tablespoon if you emptied the whole thing in it, it started to clear up. By the time the weekend was over he was crystal clear and ready to go back. By the time we picked him up, his eyes were oozing again. Are you serious?! Fiiiiiiiiiiine. Whatever. I'll let it go.

Next, my poor baby had a 3 day virus. He was constantly puking. When I say constantly I'm talking the second anything went in it came right back up. I've never seen this baby sick and all of a sudden he's projectile vomiting for 3 days straight. Didn't sit well with me to say the least.

Now comes the kicker. I stopped by the daycare on Wednesday to drop off some formula because he ran out. He's sitting in their exersaucer (because the poor babies are either on the floor or in the saucer - ALWAYS every time I've been in there). He sees me, so of course I say 'Hi Bubby!'. I start talking to him and he's smiling and having a grand ole time then I hear, 'You need to go'.     ............ what. the. FUCK? So I look at his teacher and say, 'I'm sorry, what did you say?'. Honestly by this point I was PRAYING I heard this bitch incorrectly. She proceeds to respond with, 'You need to go now you're working his nerves'.

.... All I can think is no she did not just say that to me. Bitch you better be glad I respect the fact there are 10 babies in this room or I'd be through this door so damn fast beating the living FUCK out of you, you won't know what to think!!!!!!! I mean seriously, who does that?! I don't pay you two fucking grand a month to have you speak to me like that! Our son is at the separation anxiety age and I get that it sucks to have babies start crying but really?? I stormed out because I knew if I sat there any longer shit would hit the fan. I was meeting my husband for lunch anyway so I knew the poor guy would sit through a mini bitch session.

After venting to him, I felt a little better. Not much, but some and now calm enough to have an adult conversation with the director without looking like a crazy bitch. So I finished up my day and just said I'll talk to the director when I pick him up after work and not think about it for now. No big deal. So my husband and I meet there to pick him up and of course, no director in sight. Figures.

After not being able to speak with the director, I've calmed down enough and just convinced myself this stupid daycare demon bitch was probably just having a rough day and I'll let it go. We've alllll been there so I'm just going to not saying anything but keep an eye on it for the future.

Friday arrives. I've had a long week. I'm tired, I'm hungry and all I want to do is pick my baby up and get home. I go to his assigned room to pick up his bag. I notice there's some stuff on it that honestly looked like sand but brush it off and head to the other room where everyone moves at the end of the day. I get him and head to the lobby to get his hat and coat on. I open his bag and pull out his coat and jacket. What I had seen on the outside of his bag was formula (probably mixed with dirt and whatever else is on their floor). Are you shitting me?! There in the bottom of his bag was easily 7-10 ounces worth of formula. To top it off, there was a note in his bag saying 'bring more wipes'. Wow. No, "Have a good weekend! Btw Bash is out of wipes so please bring more!". I thought to myself, alright enough is enough. The supervisor (of course, yet again, director had already bounced. It's Friday I don't know why I would even think she'd be there still) was in the office so I go in there to have a discussion about the incident Wednesday and now today with the formula (no wonder he's running through it so quickly).

After telling her what all had happened and how it bothered me she apologized over and over. That made me feel a little better until, 'Ok I'm going to leave a note for the director, what's your name?'   ... 'Jac.'  ... 'Ok, and his name?' ........... We've been coming here over a month now, paying $2k/month in tuition (which is more than the toddlers because 'babies need extra attention') and you can't tell me my name which is fine, but you can't even tell me his name?????? I'd get if we just started coming here a week ago but a month??? And you're with these children 40 hours a week????

WOW. Just WOW!

So, this being the daycare from absolute Hell, they have been deemed Daycare Demons. I will immediately begin searching for a new place to take him. Which is unfortunate due to the fact that it's less than half a block from my hubby's work and right next door to the doctor but damn, those reasons unfortunately are not outweighing these issues! Makes me really wonder how the treat the kids when the parents aren't around. Scary if you think about it! Just as a reminder check these places out VERY carefully! We had to sign a contract stating we would give 30 days notice before leaving and in that 30 days our security deposit would be used as tuition! Sigh. Live and learn I guess.....

No comments:

Post a Comment